Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Thank you!

God has been so gracious as I am preparing to go on Mercy Ships. He has made it completely clear that this is where He wants me. Things have fallen easily into place as I am getting ready to go. I want to thank all of you SO much for your gracious financial contributions to support me in this. I have been awed by each sacrifice. Thank you. Each dollar that I have received is the Lords and as He calls me to Liberia your money will go to His service. I will prayerfully use everything that has been given to me. I received word a couple weeks ago that I am still scheduled to arrive in Liberia on March 25 or the latest April 1. The only change has been that the Africa Mercy is not ready to set sail so I will be joining the ship that has been in use, the Anastasis. The Anastasis is currently in Ghana and is scheduled to leave there in the middle of March to start the mission in Liberia. So, next on my agenda is to get my immunizations and start talking to travel agents. I have also been graciously blessed that my dear friend Jaime has decided to take a travel nursing assignment back in Phoenix and stay in my apartment while I am away. She will even be able to sleep in her old bed that I bought from her when she left Phoenix. God has sure ironed out the details that I, at one point, was stressed out about.
Please pray for me as I start getting further information and start organizing the actual travel. I am a bit nervous about flying to Africa by myself. This too will be a time of growing my trust in the Lord...what I am eager to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dara, you are such an inspiration!

Love ya,
Candace

Anonymous said...

Dara, I am so proud of you. It was great to see you over the Holidays. take care and keep me in touch. Loree

Unknown said...

Dara Jean! What a wonderful example you are of Jesus' love for the poor and lame. If the world coule be full of Dara Jean's it would be a much better place- love and compassion everywhere! I am so excited to hear about every experience you have over in Africa. You will be such a blessing to the people of Libera and God will bless you in unimaginable ways as you are doing His work. Continue to trust Him as time gets closer for you to leave the comforts of home. Just remember He is in control and as He has shown you already He will keep you safe and everything will work out. Love you so much!