Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

this week i will be wed

It seems ridiculous, really, that as I sat tonight, hearing songs that will be played at my wedding in 6 days, that I'm learning the biggest lesson of my journey so far. An elementary lesson...

I guess it struck me tonight because what's felt like a dream for the last 9 months is sinking in as reality-- the shocking difference is the state of my life from last year to now. Last August 19th, is still so vivid. The pain and difficulty, the struggle I was in the middle of, I think I can go so far as to say the "battle" I was fighting, still hurts. The place I was "in" still grieves me, still gives me that pit in my stomach, that headache that left me tossing in my bed, pleading to God.

It's so much more than just being "in love".

As I heard the songs we've chosen for our wedding celebration, I realized that I believe Jesus so much more than I ever have. I believe in a new way that HE LOVES ME! He showed me with his mercy. He SAVED us (Nede and me) by his GRACE! Alone. Only.

During times of immense struggle, he somehow gave me strength to keep clinging to Him, to keep crying out to him, to reconfirm to myself (on a daily basis) that my foundation is Christ-- somehow getting through that time now allows me to share today that I am 100% a new person this August 19th. He brought me through the dark valley and now has me shining brightly on another side! 


Tonight as I we sat hearing Chad's friends playing music, I remembered back to the words of Mana Heide a couple months back, "Dara, I so pray that the day that you stand before the Lord saying your marriage vows together with Chad, that the heavens rejoice so strongly that bonds are broken, that the earth changes. That this will be more than you marrying Chad, that your situation will change! You are victorious in Jesus name!" 

Oh, how I pray that that is true. As I continue to accept that God loves me SO much that I soon get to call this man my husband, it's my hearts desire that the praising and rejoicing that happens here this week shakes the heavens. I feel blessed beyond what my meek words can start to express. I praise God for the journey he's seen me through and it's my hope that we continue to praise him forever. And, that on our wedding day, the heavens will clap for joy,

Because, this week I will be wed, because He loves me.

4 comments:

yes said...

So remember those days last year Dara!!
So, So thankful how this is a whole new, and such a blessed year, and that this is your and Chad's wedding week!!!
Oh my goodness; I am packing now, and am going to pack some kleenex!! The songs are going to bring tears of joy for sure!

So much love, and cannot wait to see you and Nede, and meet Chad!

Lots of love,

Denise

Bridget said...

That was really beautiful, Dara! I'm sad I won't be there Saturday to witness this beautiful & joyous occasion but I will be in spirit! Congratulations, friend! Love you,
Bridget

Stella said...

Congratulations Sweet Dara!

I pray the Lord will continue his blessings upon you and your soon to be family. God is good, all the time. I can't believe it's already been 5 years since our time together in Moz. Enjoy your wonderful day for it is a day that the Lord has made. Rejoice and be glad in it!

Love and friendship from California,

Stella

Krissy said...

I am so excited for you, Dara! I have thought of you many times over the years. To see the joy and blessings that God has placed in your life through Nede and Chad is so inspirational! Blessings to you all on your special day, I believe the heavens really will be rejoicing in your faithfulness and love!
~Krissy G. :)