Last night I was walking back to my cabin when I spotted a couple of the pediatric patients that were hanging out outside one of the ward bathroom- creating mischief I am sure. I stopped and chatted with them for a little while. Chris and James have been on the ship about 6 weeks. They have both stolen a little bit of our hearts. They both had surgeries and skin grafts to release burn contractures that they endured as a result of the open fire that is commonly used here in Liberia for all their cooking. They are both leaving tomorrow on a Red Cross flight that is taking them back "up land" to their homes.
Chris was wiggling all around on my lap, blabbing about something when suddenly he started to rub his forearm all over my forearm. I wondered what he was doing. When I asked him, "Hey Chris, what are you doing?" He responded, "I am trying to make you brown!"
Oh, the words of a child!
Red, yellow, black and white they are precious in His sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world!
4 comments:
Hi Dara,
That is so cute and just made me smile. How sweet, and how close he now feels to you. That must have been just such a precious moment for you!!!
Praying that you are doing so well.
Love,
Denise
Hi Dara,
That is so cute and just made me smile. How sweet, and how close he now feels to you. That must have been just such a precious moment for you!!!
Praying that you are doing so well.
Love,
Denise
that is the cutest thing ever said!!! you are so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful children. i miss you!!!
this is one of my favorite journal entries Dara!!!
Love and Miss You!
Jaime
Post a Comment