
I can hardly believe that I will be leaving here this week! The time has gone so quickly. It has been quite an adventure! There have been many challenges and some wonderful experiences!
This is a picture of some of the students carrying our school things back at the end of the day. The students here are wonderful! It has been so much fun being with them and getting to know each of them. We gave their "final" exams last week. That was interesting! First of all, neither Christine nor I knew what kind of tests they could even handle. The first test we gave was quite concerning. I had told them to raise their hands if they had any questions and they should start the exam. Well, by the time I turned around EVERY ONE of them had their hand in the air. They couldn't read the first word on the test- IDENTIFY! Oh, gosh!!! BUT, we got through it and Christine and I had a good time correcting the tests. One question I will share with you:
Who are God's chosen people?
A. Muslims B. Israelites C. Americans
AHH...some children put AMERICANS!!! Oh, my heart was saddened by that one.
I wish I had more time to write but I don't right now. I will try to write a bit more before I start my journeys home. Please pray that I stay healthy as I have a of traveling to do starting Friday this week. Also pray as I say goodbye to the students this week. It is difficult for them as people are always coming and going. Thank you for your continued interest in what I am doing here. I marvel at what I have been able to experience. I sometimes can't believe this is my life- God has been SO gracious to me! I can't wait to share more with you...
1 comment:
Hi Dara,
Wow, coming home!!!! Can't wait to see you, and will be praying for your trip. May even the day you say goodbye be a blessing, and may God just give you the words and give the little ones peace as you go. May God just continue to see you through and hold your hand each step of the way.
Love,
Denise
Post a Comment