
.jpg)
.jpg)
I am now in Accra, the capital city of Ghana, ready to get on my plane tomorrow back to Liberia. We stopped by the airport today to confirm my flight because we hadn't been able to on the phone or the internet. Well, as expected here in West Africa, the system is down and they are unable to confirm seats (and the flight is full to Monrovia). So their only suggestion is that I arrive early! So, pray for me as I show up to the airport tomorrow to get on my flight back to Liberia. I have peace. God has surely protected, guiding and had His hand over every minute of this time, I don't expect that to change now! I am excited to get back to the Liberia- see my friends and the NEW ship! It will be a fun weekend!
This first picture is of some of the students in the school. The room they are sitting in used to have walls and the post used to be standing a bit more straight! It works for now- except when it rains and the hatch roof has holes in it. The next picture is of me with one of my students at his house. His mother is working on dinner. The last picture is of me with all of the Primary 2-5 graders. They seem to be proudly holding the exams that we gave. Not that they did all that well but they seemed happy!
I am so grateful for this time I have had in Ghana! It wasn't anything I had ever thought I would experience as I stepped out on this adventure. God has been good and called me to places I had never dreamt I would see. He is so exciting and it has been so blessed! The worst part of all this is leaving...it was difficult to say goodbye to the students and it will be hard to say goodbye to Kirk, Christine and Praise tomorrow- they have been out of this world good to me!
So, it's off to Liberia again tomorrow. My slow journey home is beginning. I can't believe that it is all coming to an end! What a gift it has all been!
1 comment:
Hi Dara,
The children look so sweet!! What a life-changing experience for you!! Cannot wait to hear all about it, and to see you when you get back!! Yes, God surely has put Hid hand all around you, and praying He will continue as you fly home.
Blessings and peace as you travel,
Denise
Post a Comment