I think I have been avoiding this final post because of the reality it brings that this adventure has come to an end. I can't believe that I have already been back to the states for a month. I had a wonderful 2 weeks back in Minnesota visiting many friends and family. I have now been settling back down here in Phoenix. I had my first full week of work last week. The transition back to my life here has been much more challenging than I imagined. I knew that Africa had touched my heart but I am not sure there is any way of know really just how grand the effects will be. I often find myself longing to be back on the Africa Mercy or in the village in Ghana. I have to remind myself that I am just where God wants me right now.
So, as this journey is ending I am praying for the next. One of the greatest blessings I have experienced over the course of the last year has been the support, encouragement and enthusiasm so many of you have shared with me. Thank you for making this dream of mine come true. Thank you for being part of my experiences through this crazy thing of a blog! Praise be to God that all was so impactful and blessed. What an honor it was to serve Him where the need is so great! So, as this wraps up this experience please do one thing- PRAY! Pray for Africa, pray for those living with deformities and who are outcast from their societies. Pray for those who are hungery and don't have a home. Pray for the unsettled governments. Pray for the widows and orphans. Pray for spiritual leaders to be raised up to make the change that is needed in Africa. Pray for those affected by HIV/AIDS. Pray, pray, pray. And finally pray for what we are to be doing to serve the poor like the scriptures command us. Pray for what I can do. Pray for what you can be doing. Pray that workers while be raised up to go to the harvest! It IS plentiful!
God Bless you and thank you for who you are to me!
1 comment:
Dara, thank you for reminding us to always pray and remember those who are in such great need.
Love you lots
Post a Comment