Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

One month...

One month from yesterday and I will be on my way!!! Unbelievable! The blessings keep flowing through my life which keeps me grounded in knowing that yes, indeed, this is all being orchestrated by the Lord. I am continuously assured that, in obedience,I am doing just exactly what I am supposed to. Moment by moment I go through emotions of thinking "WHAT exactly am I doing and for HOW long???" and the next instance I will be grinning as I dream of holding that sick orphan or rubbing the back of the abandoned widow. Please pray for me as this is always a very difficult time for me. The time when I am fully in the Western world preparing to go to the third world is scary, uncertain and at times...crazy. Saying goodbye to people feels like it breaks my heart a bit more each time I do it but I need to change my thinking to a realization that my heart will soon be mended. With each sacrifice I give here there is going to be greater blessing there!

Here is my schedule thus far:
Feb 19 730pm fly from Phoenix direct to London
Feb 20-22 Spend time with Adriel in London/Brighton :)
Feb 22 Meet up with Laura at London Heathrow and fly to Johannesburg, S. Africa
Feb 23 Arrive in Johannesburg, SA and fly on to Kruger, Mpumalanga- a short 40 min flight
Feb 25 Start Hands at Work training at the Africa School of Missions

The support that I have here through my friends, family, work and church friends is incredible. I truely believe that without each of your encouragement I would never be able to do this. Because I value the part you play and KNOW the value in your prayers I ask that you join in being a Prayer Warrior over the next year. I believe praying is a way of releasing God's blessing and work- something I want to continue to grow in. So, for today to you Prayer Warriors-
*Peace in my preparation- packing, storing, selling my things
*Wrapping up at work- telling my patients I am leaving
*Strength to look ahead rather than dwell on what I am leaving behind

Isaiah 61:1-3 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor.He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed. He has sent me to tell those who mourn that the time of the Lord’s favor has come, and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.To all who mourn in Israel, he will give a crown of beauty for ashes, a joyous blessing instead of mourning, festive praise instead of despair. In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory.

1 comment:

denise said...

I will be praying for Dara, and asking God for His hand over you each and every step of the way!!!!