Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

She's Clever!


I was reminded of this story this week...I don't think I have shared it yet.

The last morning when I was staying with Nombelalo in the community we were waiting at the main road for my ride to pick me up. As we were standing there all the kids were walking to school in their school uniforms and many people stood on the roadside waiting to catch a taxi. I stood there holding 3 year old Samkelo in my arms (in the picture above). Suddenly as Numbelalo and I stood there chatting a taxi pulled up in front of us. Nombelalo motioned for me to put Samkelo in the taxi. I quickly said, “where is she going? By herself?” As Nombelalo gave the taxi driver money the others in the taxi adjusted to make a seat for the youngest passenger. As the door closed I said goodbye to Samkelo and waved. She smiled back at me, waving and gave me a thumbs up. I stood there stunned. I said to Nombelelo, “She goes to school by herself? How does she know when to get off?” Nombelelo nonchalantly looked at me and responded, “It’s okay. She’s clever!”

The other day when Laura and I were talking about how it will feel when we get on the bus to go to Mozambique we thought of this situation. We may look a bit like Samekelo. Like her, we'll be okay, “We’re clever!” :)

4 comments:

denise said...

How God is so using the little children to teach you, and all of us how to trust!!!! What a really special picture of sweet faith from Samkelo!!! That is such a blessing, and oh, to have her kind of faith!! Praying for you and Laura to also go in such peace and confidence, trusting God for everything!!
Thank you Dara, for sharing with us these awesome examples of such precious faith; the kind God wants us to follow!!!

on3design said...

You think you're clever uh?

sarah said...

Oh Dara...my heart jumps to see the date of you arriving in Mozy...your life will NEVER be the same...they are excited to have you! I have told the Maforga family that you are coming :) I am so proud of you and praising God for your willingness to serve Him with such a lovely heart and spirit. May He Bless you bless you bless you my friend!

Anonymous said...

Dara Jean - beauty queen...

Melly tried to leave a comment with you today. I logged on to see if the comment was able to get through. (She didn't know about how the Username and password worked.)We are going to spend some time working on computer stuff when I go home to Longville in May.
Just know that you are loved and that she is trying really hard to learn how to use the computer so she can write to you.

Dad is turkey hunting in Missouri tonight. He went with a friend from Princeton,MN. So, Melly is a little lonely. I have talked with her three times.

She is getting her other knee done in May. She will be dancing by August.

The picture of this little girl is amazing. It actually brings tears to my eyes. I am so tired from working long hours that almost anything makes me emotional these days. I really, really need the vacation in May.

Also, good news from church in DC. I was really struggling with some issues at my church and they have all been resolved. Pray for my faith which is seemingly tested so often these days.

You are a blessing to many. Please take good care of yourself Miss Dara... Forgive my childish chant at the begining of this message. I will always think of you in that way.

Be well and do good work,
Candace "Lily"