On Tuesday Carlos and I went to Zimbabwe to work on my visa process so that I am allowed to stay in the country longer than 3 months. The day went without a hitch and we were on our way home before dusk. I was struck by a monolog Carlos had with himself as we crossed the border. As we entered Mozambique, there was the usual line up of semi trucks waiting to cross the border, or whatever they do. As we passed one situation we witness a couple young girls conversing with the truck driver. Carlos and I looked at each other, hearts sick knowing the connection between truck drivers, prostitution and the rampant spread of HIV.
Carlos then spoke:
“Whom do we blame?
Blame no one!
Blame hunger?”
I sat in silence. I SIT in silence. Thinking about this monolog. Whom do we blame?
1 comment:
Praying for a change to come; that those who are hungry would be fed!!
Post a Comment