Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

What now?

Bridget sent me some CDs a few weeks back and one of the songs on it speaks my heart. It brought me back to truth this week. I’m tired and with that comes room for much doubt, fear, questions and feelings of being totally overwhelmed. These are the words to the song, I am not sure who sings it (Steven Curtis Chapman, maybe?) but it really is the journey I have been on over the last 2 years:

I saw the face of Jesus, in a little orphan girl.

She was standing, in the corner, on the other side of the world.

And I heard the voice of Jesus, gently whisper to my heart.

“Didn’t you say you wanted to find me?

Well, here I am, here you are.

So what now?

What will do now that you found me?

What now?

What will you do with this treasure you found?

I know I may not look like what you expected.

But if you'll remember  this is  right where I said I would be.

You found me…

What now?”

Wow! What now Dara? When I am tried and feel a total loss of “freedom”, what now? Do I want to be anywhere else than where I have found Jesus. No. This is not what I expected but it is where I found Jesus. It’s only when I start thinking as the world thinks that I really fear or question what I am doing.

The last words of the song are:

So come and know.

Come and know.

Come and know me now.

What will you do now that you found me?

What now?

What will you do with this treasure you’ve found?

No, I may not look like what you’ve expected, YOU FOUND ME!

I’ll keep going because I have found Jesus in a treasure, and this is what I was looking for.

 

4 comments:

denise said...

Such powerful words in this song; your heart's cry in a song!!
It is a blessing to be able to sing to God! Love the picture; you both look so happy, and so beautiful!
Praying for you both so much,

Denise

Lacey said...

I got goosebumps reading this post.
Lots of love to you Dara

Bridget said...

Oh Dara! I'm so happy to read this post. It is your story! Every time I listen to it I think of you & Nede & all the other faces of Jesus waiting to be found. It brings tears of joy to my eyes knowing you found her. She is quite a treasure indeed!

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

Oh the Holy Spirit speaks through you Dara. I am in tears. This is very moving and powerful.