Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

happy birthday nede

I think today is Nede’s 5th birthday. There’s some controversy but we’ve claimed it to be and we celebrated! I enjoyed it as much as Nede. As we ate cake and drank icy Coke from the bottle I looked around the room, not knowing (again) how I got here, but SO GRATEFUL for how God places the right people with me at the right moments in time. It was a joy to celebrate Nede’s birthday with my “Hands at Work family” and my dear friend Sarah.

Nede was overjoyed with her party- she changed dresses 3 times during the short celebration and Uncle Sal and Brother Jaap spoiled her with new earrings and hair accessories in which she modeled around all to beautifully, making me nervous for teenage years;) 

My mom made matching dresses for Nede and her doll- she’s so proud!

Our birthday guests- Uncle Sal, Brother Marc, me, Nede, Uncle Jaap, Paula and Uncle Stephen. Sarah was the photographer.

Lord, bless and protect Nede’s 5th year of life! Make a way for us to have many more celebrations together!

3 comments:

denise said...

Oh HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday Nede!!!!!
What a celebration!!
How beautiful Nede is; getting prettier and prettier, and her precious smile is even more contagious!!!
Give her a great big hug, and one for you too Dara!!

Love you!

Brooke said...

I've been anxiously awaiting photos, and they do not disappoint. Love seeing the Hands family surrounding you and Nede...just the way it should be. Happy birthday, Nede!

denise said...

I am looking again at this picture because it is so cute! I also love Nede's earings!! She is just so adorable!! You two are so cute together!!!