Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

“i want God to come here”

The other night after I read Nede her Bible story and prayed with her, she was tucked into bed and I was getting ready for bed. I was in the bathroom when I heard her say, “Sista Dara?”

“Yes Nede?”

“I want God to come here.”

I sort of sighed, not knowing how to respond and thinking how I too would love to be able to visibly greet God at the front door. I realized then how unprepared I am to answer these difficult questions of a 5 year old. In my feeble attempt I said, “Nede, He is here. He’s with us.”

Confused she looks at me and says, “Brother Marc is God?”

Oops. Um, no.

We’ll have to continue to work on her understanding of all this. :) Any suggestions?

(The power went out the other night and our freezer started to defrost. Marc collected the ice and made this snowman- complete with a carrot nose and all. I tried to talk to Nede about snow and I sang “Frosty the Snowman” but, again, it’s far too much for her little mind. One day she’ll see the real thing!)

3 comments:

denise said...

Nede is so, so sweet; and her words are just too great!! You have to journal these precious things she says; so as to never forget!!
Love you both!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates! Bridget and I love to read them. Hang in there. We pray for you here and there. I'm sure it gets lonely at times.

From Lance

Naarski (the Mrs.) said...

I am having the same conversations with my girls and struggling with what to say. How do I describe God being with them all the time? I do see that just talking about God opens their hearts to wanting more of God in their lives! Praise Him for this!