Remember last year when I was part of planning the HIV/AIDS event in Minneapolis? One of the speakers was Carloyn Twietmeyer, mother of 13 (6 of which are adopted) and founder of Project HOPEFUL- helping adoptive parents adopt children who are positive with HIV. She and her family are featured in the December 6th issue of People Magazine. Since I can’t go out and buy one will someone do so and tell me all about it? Carolyn has been a HUGE encouragement and inspiration to me through my time here in Moz. They were also recently on Katie Couric!
HIV/AIDS is destroying the continent of Africa and still shaming all those who are infected globally! An entire generation is being wiped out here leaving millions of kids alone- broken, wounded, unloved- with few to help them make any sense of it, as if there is even any sense to be made. Please, search your heart on how you are being called to care, because, you are! And, I promise, even through the struggle, there is joy in the battle! I love you Nede and all your little African brothers and sisters who are hurting.
Truth Pandemic Click on this link to see a great video and share it!
and this CBS NEWS
1 comment:
I am going to go get the magazine and excited to read about Project Hopeful.
So many children do have such hope, because of compassionate, caring, loving ,and serving hearts, like you Dara!
Praying for myself and so many others, to be moved to care too!!
Love you!
Post a Comment