I was standing on the steps today talking on the phone when my eye caught something on one of the plants in the flower bed I’ve been working on. (That tells you that it was something if I saw a green-on-green something from about 3 meters away.) I walked closer to take a good look. I was amazed at what I saw. I ran in the house to get my cousin who is here visiting (halleluiah!).
Nede, Jessica and I then stood awestruck by this miraculous creation for sometime. I was thinking it was really cool until, I realized it wasn’t just ONE! There were MANY!
And then, once my eyes took their focus off this interesting creation, I realized in a matter of just a few hours they had eaten my ENTIRE plant! :(
Where did they come from? When will it stop eating and excreting (note the black spots on the ledge) my plant? And, WHAT IS IT!??!
AND…the other day when the cover fell off this electricity box this is what I found…
A couple geckos got a little too toasty and never made it out! SICK!
If you ever think I am brave, it’s not true! It took me a number of days to get on the chair to find out how to scrape these suckers down. Yuck!
My philosophy is confirmed-- everything is bigger, weirder and worse here!
3 comments:
Addendum: Dara IS brave! (-:
This is her visiting cousin... and the second night I was here, I didn't want to kill the half-dead cockroach lying under my bed. Dara bravely squashed it! Thank you, Dara! I am sure I'll get my chance for squashing, though, before I leave in the next few weeks.
Jessica
ewwwww the gecko is so ewwwwwwww
Dara, those look like hornworms. We had them in our garden in Nashville; they are a common pest in the US. They are completely disgusting; just be thankful that you don't have the variety that carry the cocoons of braconid wasps on their backs (think disgusting times ten). The braconid wasps are the hornworms enemy though so even though they look gross they will destroy any future hornworms.
I know, I know.....way more than you needed to know about these little guys.
Post a Comment