Each morning when I bring Nede to school we have our little route we always take-- into the city, over the railroad tracks, left at the police station, right at the Catholic church, until the road turns to dirt, left, school’s straight ahead. The simple route is usually busy and filled with something that turns my head. Or, quite often it’s Nede that grabs my attention.
For example, a few weeks ago as we passed the Catholic church she said, “Mama, did you see that small house with that Lady holding baby Jesus?”
I responded, “Oh, no Nede, I didn’t see it. I think it’s just a statue though. Do you know what a statue is?”
“No but the o--ther (intonation rising indicating it’s been a few days…more like aaaaaaaaaaaather) day I saw them walking around. Yes, I think so.”
My thoughts: OH! Wow! Well! I don’t want to argue that. You never know what these little faith-filled eyes see. She could have. She’ll learn soon enough what a statue is. Jesus is alive. We’ll leave it at that.
Nede wrapped it up with, “Yes, I think so. I don’t know. Maybe.”
She’ll learn soon enough. I wish my faith was more like hers. I’m called to be. I’m learning from her, growing with her, trying to be…
1 comment:
so sweet!
Post a Comment