Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

holiday + tired = prayer

Nede's on school holiday-- for 5 weeks. It's during these times that I miss libraries, parks, daycare, friends, museums. I've tried to be creative but it was getting a bit long being behind our walls and in our house. So, we got in the car and trekked about 500 km or 300 miles (about 9 hours!) through potholes that about shook us to pieces, waited at police stops and slid through sand on a 100 km road that takes 3 hours to maneuver.  But when we got there, (finally!) these smiles awaited us...
And they played from sun-up to sundown...
And I got much joy from looking at these 3 who have been saved, by grace, and now hear about Jesus and have mommy's that love them to pieces and would do anything to fight for them.

In a nation where this sits in my friends backyard... 
I need this face and these puffball hair-dos to keep me going...
Because, I'm tired. And I need YOU to pray for me to have strength to endure.

3 comments:

Kristy Kes said...

When I saw you specifically asked for prayer to ENDURE, I thought of the Scripture that I look at every day for encouragement...

May you be made strong with all the strength, which comes from His glorious power so that you may be able to endure everything with patience. -Colossians 1:11

Dara, I think of you and pray for you often:) You are amazing!!!

Love in Christ,
Kristy

yes said...

Sweetest Dara,

Thank God for the smiles and the joy, and for Nede!!!
I am praying for such strength and peace over you, and for real help and comfort to be found through God, as you hold His hand when you are weak; may you be amazed at His strength!
Your travels you have traveled Dara.. woe!! Your chapters in your book, are quite full of suspense and trials!!
May you have renewed endurance Dara. I pray so much for joy and for love over you, as you are waiting, and for hope, and real help to come from the courts!!!
Love you and Nede, and praying so much for you,

Denise

Anonymous said...

So fun that you can see those friends! I hope you have a very refreshing, wonderful time together. May God give you endurance in every way as well as much joy along the way -
Heather F