Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

a Christmas miracle

They said don't try again.
I'd be a waste of money.
I cried.
A lot.
I thought, "Really God is this where this ends?"
"That's it? Go back."
Crying.
Then I asked for prayer.
And people around me rallied.
A lot.
They prayed.
From every corner of the globe.
I still said, "Really God, I can't do this again."
Emails rolled in.
Letters poured in in support of Nede and me.
I kept on crying of the goodness of my friends and family.
I remained scared.
Terrified really.
With arms raised by others, begging for mercy,
waiting for grace,
The plans came together.
We set off on a bus.
Together.
My daughter and me.
They picked us up, our new friends, we'd never met.
We were loved and held.
We slept.
I woke up early hearing Christmas music and smiled.
Turns out, no one was playing Christmas music.
We got ready.
My stomach soaring with butterflies.
We drove.
We prayed.
We faced the door and I breathed deeply.
My heart pounded, almost out of my chest.
Nede?
We approached the bank teller window.
"Isn't she just adorable."
"Yes, she is, isn't she?"
A few questions.
A bit of typing.
"Okay, come back tomorrow. You're going to America."
"Really? Oh, BLESS YOU! Thank you. Merry Christmas!"
Hugging.
Screaming.
Smiling.
Holding.
Dancing.
Breathing easy.
MIRACLE!
My Christmas MIRACLE!
With my daughter, in America with our family and friends!
GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST AND PEACE TO HIS PEOPLE ON EARTH!
For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a savior!
One who years and years later continues to intervene and perform miracles.
Many, many miracles!
...and there was much rejoicing!
(Nede's drawing of Christmas in America. Her wearing her warm clothes with all her cousins, Auntie, Uncle, Meme, Grandpa, Auntie Jessica and more of mom's cousins-- a Christmas tree and presents)

2 comments:

Hannah Mary McLean (Muonio) said...

Oh Dara, God is so amazing and His love for you is so vividly immense! I am praising Him with you from afar.

Julie Lortz said...

just absolutely PERFECT. rejoicing with you :):):) excited for your trip to America. Welcome, Nede :) may more kisses from God cover you both as you travel.