I responded, "Well, I'm back to the world of AIDS, malaria and diarrhea."
I guess I knew it would happen,
When life slowed down enough and I was able to reminisce over the last 5 months of pure bliss.
It's quite weird though, isn't it?
Going from the land of plenty to now, where I'm debating and making decisions for babies, teeny tiny babies.
This week I held twins,
One 1.8 kg (3.9 lbs),
The other, 2.2 kg (4.8 lbs).
Mom died.
Now an auntie and an old granny are responsible.
They were well.
I sent them off, with milk for a week, to their home.
Probably a mud hut.
I remember the suburbs,
our family Christmas.
The zoo.
The aquarium.
Shopping.
Lattes.
Dinner out.
The pictures, the memories.
I'm still feeling quite jovial.
Still living in a state of gratefulness.
I still, after over 5 years, wonder how I mesh these two worlds--
One world of easily "forgetting" about the other,
The other always wanting to be part of the former.
My battle between flesh and my desires and
Living out what the Lord has revealed to me.
For now I believe I needed that family time,
the spoiling,
the JOY!
To hold these teeny, tiny babies again--
with hope.
Remembering that I've seen the Lord do miracles in my life over the last 6 months.
Reminded that He is my loving Father who gives good and perfect gifts,
in His time,
So that I,
remain grateful, faithful and leaning on Him!
(A mural that's been painted at the clinic property, a beautiful view for those passing by)
3 comments:
Dara,
Your words always are so powerful.. and your life always blesses, and leads us to look to what is important!!
Always speechless... always praying for you.. you are amazing... and I just love you and Nede, and thank God for you sweetest Dara!!
Hugs and so, so much love,
Denise
Dara,
Thank you for always sharing your heart! I am praying for God's strength, endurance,and grace as you do His work! You are truly His hands and feet, Dara!
You are doing such amazing work,and know that you are not in the trenches alone...you have the body of Christ cheering you on,and The Lord is with you❤
Dara, you are so AWESOME! We are so proud of you!!! We are sending love,hugs,and prayers to you and Nede😀
In Jesus,
Kristy💜
Hi Dara, just reading your blog. It's always hard going back when you've been back to the land of plenty. I liken it a bit to going through the door of the wardrobe in Narnia. It is 2 so different worlds . It's hard to describe to those on the other side what it is like in Narnia. You are in Narnia, you are called to be a Queen there,. Have you seen that movie clip that goes with the Narnia movie ...it goes " theses a place for us..." You have found a place Dara and you are making a difference. Bless you! One day at a time. You can do today what might horrify you if you though you had to do it for a lifetime, but Godmis only asking today! One day at a time. Xxx Heather
Post a Comment