Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

we've come a long way

As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:9


On Sunday we celebrated. June 16th is, and always will be, a special day in our house. June 16, 2010 was the day Nede came to live with me. That was the day I called Rachel saying, "Rachel, she's here, now what do I do?"

This year is different from the last few. Now, 3 years later, we started the day with Nede making a phone call, "Good morning Chad, Happy Father's Day!" If there were a gauge on my happy-o-meter it would be like on the cartoons where the springs break through! Yes, it was a special day, even though we are on different continents.

Had I known 3 years ago that the valley would be long and hard but what was in-store would be higher and better than where I thought I was heading, everything may have felt different. I hope I'm learning through this and I hope you all, who've prayed us to this point, can feel the role you've played and celebrate the joy that we're celebrating. We've come a long way...
(Nede's first night with me, 2010)
(2011)
(2012)

1 comment:

yes said...

AMAZING!!! Such a beautiful tapestry in the making!!!