I stumbled across this picture the other day, on a day when life was hurting. Oh, the memory of this photo brings me back to "Dara Day" just days before my wedding, the most glorious day yet. I often think of life and death (I hope that's not weird?) and I think this is the logo I want to live by.
Life is diving in heart first
On days when life is hurting quite intensely, I think on this. Is it okay to lead with the heart? To dive in with my heart first? I guess the consequence is, potentially, lots of hurting days.
Today should have been one of those. One of those days that sends me back to bed in sobs. But, you know what? It turns out it isn't because, on this dive with my heart first, Jesus dove right before me. I could almost feel His splash. It was so obvious to me that my heart was right where it was suppose to be. I was in the right spot, still riding on His waves.
Palliative care shouldn't be an easy thing, no where, ever. But, when we found him in that state and everyone kept just walking past-- a crippled man laying in the dirt. We stopped. We dove in with all our hearts. We laughed together and my heart broke for the tragedy of the culture and the tragedy of the situation. But when She reminded me of the story in Luke of the Good Samaritan we both knew that this jump off the high dive was the right one. His presence was so evident today. Nope it wasn't easy. Not. At. All. But I made it through with confidence knowing that I've done the right thing by diving in heart first. He has met us here and He holds my heart.
My encouragement to you is this..."Go on! Jump! Dive in. Heart first!" because it's here where you're held and, if you're near enough to Him, you may even ride his waves, and oh, let me tell you, what a glorious view!
2 comments:
Beautiful, courageous, convicting and challenging! Thanks Sista Dara! love, Laura
Love you Dara!!
Praying~
Blessings~
So much covering of love~
Denise
Post a Comment