..."Can you believe that we're doing this Rebecca? Four years ago when we sat together at our house, you going to school, me a single mom to Nede-- I never would have imagined that we'd now be working together-- walking at the end of the world until I'm sunburned to visit palliative care patients." (Me in my happy place with Rebecca yesterday.)
..."My life has changed since you started visiting. I used to be suffering but now that you're helping me my life is so much better." (Our elderly man with an unknown neurological problem leaving him with significant neurological pain.)
..."This radio (audio player with stories/music Chad put together for my patients and their families) is helping me so much (after the lose of her husband). When my heart feels so sad, I listen to this and there's peace and healing." (A grieving woman 1 week after losing her husband only second to having already lost 5 children.)
..."When I was young I used to be beautiful like this white girl!" (A confused 98 year old with a dislocated/broken ? hip-- our newest patient.)
..."Since you've started visiting I'm feeling better. My friends are now visiting me again. I got to go to church last week and now the church people are coming to my house and praying for me and sweeping my yard. Thank you for how you've changed my life." (Our young patient with tuberculosis and HIV. After Rebecca did an HIV teaching to her friends and family there's a change.)
..."Rebecca, do you see what the Lord is doing? To be honest I don't know how to start this program. I don't know what I'm doing. But, we are trying. We're putting in a lot of effort. People know we care and the Lord is doing big things. The people think it's us but it's God. In our obedience He's working in their lives. Things are changing. Miracles are happening but...they need to know that it's Jesus." (Dialogue with Rebecca after a rewarding visit.)
Which, today, on my fill me up day, leads me to listening to this song, again and again....

1 comment:
Beautiful testimonies Sista Dara!!! I'm so proud of you and Rebecca!!! miss you love you, Laura
Post a Comment