I've written about him several times before. How his story breaks my heart. How I've felt so blessed to be involved in his little life and seeing him change from malnourished and weak to cheeky and strong in himself. Now, my friends, I realize we live in a world that cares more about hunters shooting lions than my dear friend here. It's a world that would rather not know the corruption that's killing him. A place that's fallen so far from scriptural truth that I think God must be thinking again, "Are they ashamed for their detestable conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush." Jeremiah 6:15.
Friends, when I came home last night all I could say was, "he's no ones priority." And because of this, we're losing him. There's no one who makes sure he has his bath every day. There's no one making sure that he swallows his "tablets-for-life" twice a day. And, without an advocate, no one cares if the pharmacy steals half of his tablets so they can sell them for a bit of cash out the back door. Nope, his life is disposable because he's no ones priority.
And dear friends, this hurts my heart something fierce! And I know it will for some of you, too. If I'm honest, it makes me really angry that a lion who got hunted in our neighboring country got so much attention when we experience children who are living severely unjust lives primarily because the majority of the world doesn't care. It's surely not their fault that they're no ones priority. It then makes me think, what are my priorities? And, while I live in a world that's losing it's faith in ultimate truth, being the Bible, do I know what should make me blush? Do I have shame? How will I address the corruption that is killing him?
What are your priorities? Does our world make you blush? What are you willing to do to stand for Truth?
I know an 8 year old boy, that had no choice in the disease he was given, who has no mother or father, who really would like to be someones priority. Or, at the least, he would love for a few more people to stand for Truth and to stand with him in his prayer to be healed. Because, we wouldn't let "our priorities" lives come to a point that their only 8 year old requests are "Sister Dara, please pray that God will heal me."
My little friend, there's nothing I want more. You ARE HIS FIRST PRIORITY! Please pray.

2 comments:
So sad... just like the Truth Project class we took ... how far from the Truth we have strayed!
Who are we anymore.... so true.. praying so much for this little boy and as you shared.. examining our hearts.
Blessings Dara!
No words, just heartbreaking. Praying and repenting.
Post a Comment