Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

a beautiful fragrance

I'll admit. Sometimes I get the Facebook blues. I see America turning into a summer fun fest. I see friends going to all the places I love. I see the wardrobes adjusting and I see family gatherings. I even had the thought recently, "Wow, people get to do fun things multiple times per week!" like go out to eat, go shopping, the movies, a park, the library! Although our days are never mundane, they aren't filled with the "fun" I know. I long for a Starbucks, a menu where all the items are available, a choice of restaurants, a grocery store not infested with cockroaches and rats...yes, I long to go out after dark and do something nice--even once a month! Yes, sometimes I feel sorry for me.

But then, yesterday while doing what I love, I sat with a patient and realized, "this is one incredible human being." If I were anywhere else I wouldn't know her. Just sitting with her, I knew with a deep sense of knowing, that because of her, I'm in the center of His will. Sitting with her felt like a beautiful fragrance to the Lord and I realized, it's okay my family and I miss out on other things because these relationships are the sweetest, and this life, though not easy, means something and because of it, I get to know her...
AND HIM!


3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Ugh, and living where we are now, it could be my photos that trigger a longing. I love your perspective, though. Very sweet. When I saw photos of the Michigan family living in our house in Mexico, it had the same effect, and then I had many moments here - like watching two of my grandchildren being born - and had to admit that life is very, very sweet indeed, and we are right where we need to be for now.

Denise said...

So beautiful Dara!!

Steve Pate said...

I'm so grateful for the hearts you guys have. Thank you for being you!