
Wow! The weeks keep flying by. 32 days until I am on the plane to London. 35 days until I walk onto this ship, the Anastasis, and have the experience of my life!! March 20th I will be flying to London. I will get there on the morning of March 21st and spend a couple days with my dear friend Adriel who is living there doing missions with YWAM (Youth With a Mission). She will be WONDERFUL support and encouragement for me before I fly off to Liberia on March 23.
In booking my flight into Liberia it was quite interesting in that there are 2 airlines that fly into Liberia from Europe- one out of Brussels and one from London. There are 2 flights per week from London- one on Friday, one on Monday. Surely is different than getting around here. My return flight from London is scheduled for June 25. That date is subject to change as Mercy Ships will be transferring equipment and staff from the Anastasis to the Africa Mercy. Depending on the continued progress for the Africa Mercy the Anastasis may stop doing surgery in May sometime. If that happens as scheduled I am not really sure what they will do with me!
Thank you for taking the time to read this regularly and for praying for me. Prayers are such a gift right now as I am preparing for this. Please pray as I wrap things up here. There are a lot of small details that come up that I need to find time to take care of. This Sunday I am going to teach my 3rd grade Sunday school class about what I am doing with Mercy Ships and why. Then I am going to do a brief presentation for the rest of the grade schoolers on my trip as well. Please pray for that. It is exciting sharing with others what God has called me to do- very humbling too. As the day draws nearer I am humbled to think that God thinks I can do this! I am honored to be going!
No comments:
Post a Comment