Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2007

The Latest





(Disclaimer: I just typed all this out and finally got the pictures uploaded and they are in reverse order from how I talk about them. So, you should be able to figure out what I am talking about. Sorry!)

It has been a wonderful week. Here are a few pictures from what I have been doing this week. Tuesday I went out with the HIV/AIDs team to observe their teaching at a local church. The first picture is of the kids I tried to teach to play Duck, Duck, Goose. That was quite fun. They did well until I brought out my camera and I almost got trampled because they ALL wanted their pictures taken. Next is a view of the city as we walked over a bridge that is covered in bullet holes. Next a little more fun, is a monkey that was tied up to a tree at a restaurant by the beach that we ate at. Last is the view from the grass havana we sat under and I enjoyed pizza and a diet coke:) In the midst of devastation there are pockets (very small) of pure splendor! I also did just learn that most of Monrovia doesn't have electricity. If they do it is generator run. Like this restaurant- they were going to light a candle for us to use the bathroom. I decided to wait until we got back to the ship!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dara...I'm really enjoying this! Looks like it could be a beautiful place with some peace & a little help. I emailed your blog address to my daughters, Amber & Grace. Grace said she has seen some pamphlets about Mercy Ships. She has even thought about getting involved, & the more I read your stories, the more I want to as well. Just have to figure out how to make the house payment while I'm gone! So, if you get some comments from an Amber or Grace, you'll know who they are. Keep up His work...you are awesome as is He! Deb

Anonymous said...

What a blessing- oh may these precious people be healed physically and spirtually.
Love in Him,

Denise