



Yesterday I went on a train ride outside of Monrovia to the Bong mines. It was wonderfully fun! The end of our 40 mile train ride (2 1/2 hours) was at an old iron ore mine that was shut down during the war. Apparently the train still runs up there 6 days a week. We did haul back a couple cars of gravel but I question the benefits of running this route! The man who runs the train has been gracious enough to allow a group from Mercy Ships to go every other weekend. So, we drove 2 of the Land Rovers onto a flat bed train car- some people then road in the passenger car and the rest of us rode on top of the Land Rovers, yes on top:) It was beautiful. It was so nice to get out of the city and see the country side. I guess I am not sure what they call it- jungle side maybe?:) It is magnificent! So green and lush. The villages were incredible and the children came running to the tracks waving and hollaring! It was precious. I have so many pictures I can't wait to share. These are just a few I took from the train. The first one is at the lake where we swam near the mines. Moira is my wonderful roommate from Scottland. She keeps me laughing and teaching me new phrases! The children were some that came running to greet us when we stopped at one of the villages. It continues to become increasingly more evident the heart for children that God has given me! They just melt my heart! The next picture are men shopping out of a wheelbarrow. You can buy anything you need out of a wheelbarrow here in Monrovia. It is quite fasinating actually! Then the last picture is just some women doing their thing! Such beautiful people!
I also had a fasinating day today but I will have to write about that tomorrow I am off to bed! Sorry so brief...Blessings!
1 comment:
Hi Dara,
Such awesome pictures as you went on your journey to the country!! I just love the little one with the sweetest little boys. They are so cute!! Yes, there is just something about little children.
So glad your roomate, Moira keps you laughing.
I keep you in prayer, and can't wait to see all your pictures!!!!
Love,
Denise
Post a Comment