Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Beyond Blessed

These days have been filled with sweetness. Busy days of packing, cleaning, running errands, tieing up ends in order to be able to be away for 1 year- all have caused stress, showed my greatest weaknesses and humbled me to tears. In the midst of the busy tasks I have scheduled my days around lunches and coffee, snacks and chats with so many- so many- special people in my life. I have been so blessed over the last two weeks. All these blessing confirming that, in obedience, I AM headed right where God has called me for this season of my life. Although after Tues I will be walking in a land of unknown I do not go there without incredible certainty that among this land of unknown there is a constant that I never need to doubt. I have all the tools that I need to go and be any where God chooses to send me. No matter where this is, now or in the future, I'll be okay. With my eyes fixed on the Lord's face I have the freedom to go in any direction confidently and joyfully.
I need to thank so many people for your kindness, thoughtfulness and support. One of the many things on my to do list has been to write thank you notes to many of you who have treated me to lunch, dinner, given me support in many ways (money, shopping, prayers, words, love) but as the time is ticking and it is 11pm the night before I leave I don't think I am going to get to my list of thank you notes. So please accept this as a sincere thank you to all of you who have loved me in such special ways. Your faith in me and this journey is what keeps me going and has readied me to be at this place. I remember writing last time I was in Africa about how impressive African communities are as the whole community takes part in raising a child. Well, I feel my life is also an example of that...I am blessed to have many communities- here in AZ, back in MN and ND- all supporting, encouraging me and being a part of preparing me to take off on this adventure! So, I go in faith...tomorrow I will be on my way. I am scaried silly at times, so excited and also so tired of my heart breaking as I say "so long" to all of you. I look forward to communicating in a different way and sharing what God has in store- I can only imagine! But I do know this- It is going to be good!

1 comment:

denise said...

Dear Dara,

Today is finally here, and I am praying excitedly for you, because I can just picture you now and the joy that must be on your face and in your heart!!!
May God cover you as you travel, and may His peace go before each step you take.
I love you and miss you faithful, faithful, sweet Dara!!

Blessings as you walk with your King and love his people,

Denise