Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pure Joy!







Sunday Lacey, Laura and I took "our girls" and their families- (that we stayed with in the community) out to do some site-seeing. We picked them up at their homes and drove just away from where they live. For the first time we all enjoyed these beautiful waterfalls (Lisbon falls) and natural pot-holes. None of us had ever been there. It is pure joy to see others soaking up new experiences and in awe of nature. It was such a blessed day.
After the site-seeing we took them to a popular (Afrikaans influenced) pancake restaurant. That was NOT their favorite part of the day as they weren't comfortable using silverware and they were missing their usual "pop" (maize meal porridge that they usually eat for every meal). Most of them were good sports and at least tried the savory pancakes that we ordered. I spoke to Nombulelo today and she told me she was just "so excited Sunday after she got back home." It was a great day for all of us!
As I look at the clock on my computer you are all in the middle of your day and I am off to bed...Take care- tomorrow will be another wonderful day!

3 comments:

denise said...

Dara, you can see such joy in your face, and that is truly a blessing! What a great photo of everyone all togehter, and this will always bring back such special memories for you!! Looks like such a beautiful sight-seeing day togehter. Praying for you all to be covered with God's amazing love!!!

Anonymous said...

Miss Dara...what a JOY to hear your heart and to follow your journey!!! AND to hear you are going to the promised land of Mozy! Your story about meeting carlos and the language misunderstanding was so sweet to hear...I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!! Your picture is still at my desk at work and i often talk of how Im so excited where the LORD has you....I know you are in GOOD HANDS! Thankyou for serving the Lord in this way!
Love,
Sarah Irish

denise said...

Yaeh for yummy pancakes, and so awesome that Nombulelo said they had such an exciting day!!!! May the love of Christ they saw through each of you, grow in their hearts more and more now!!!