This morning I am sitting in the main building here at ASM working on putting together a "country portfolio" about Mozambique. As I gather information and anticipate the next 9 months of my life I hear a group of people singing praises- they must be having a meeting upstairs. It would be unusual to start off a meeting without prayer and praise to God. I have been reminded lately of how God is surely the provider of all things. It is Him alone who has the power to do all things. Like they say here, "without Him I am rubbish!"
Yesterday at our weekly Hands at Work meeting we heard a message about being honest with others and ourselves- really humbling ourselves and admitting our shortcomings. I also want to be honest with my experience here. It has been wonderful, absolutely wonderful but not always easy! Last week I had a bit of a shake up as I was in a car accident. PRAISE GOD no one was hurt. Myself and the 8 others that were in the car I was driving walked away, unharmed. GOD WAS WITH US! Our God of provision watched over me then and also reminded me that I need to ask for His protection in everything, everyday!
As things have settled down from last week I have gotten a glimpse of what is to come. I will be challenged beyond comfort over the next 9 months. Last night as I went to bed I wanted to whine and complain- I was homesick and wanted to talk to my friends and family back home- anyone who really KNOWS me (but the phone lines haven't been working here for about a week). Instead God gently reminded me that He has called me here. He is with me just waiting for me to cry out to Him and find the comfort I am looking for in Him. God's taking care of me here as much as He ever has when I am at "home".
Over the next 2 1/2 weeks I will be focusing more on the nursing aspects of being here. I will be going to a few different clinics, doing a number of home-visits and going to a couple different hospice centers. Please pray for me to have the strength I will need when I hear sad stories and see desperate situations. Also if you can remember to pray for the people of Zimbabwe- we have been praying desperately for them.
I don't write any of this to cause anyone to worry. It's me being honest. I am truly doing wonderful! Still overjoyed to be here- I am encouraged by something everyday. Even my bad days here are great (Deanna, you were right?:).
To conclude, an encouraging Word that was shared with me last week:
For the eyes of the Lord search throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. 2 Chronicles 16:9
May you wake this morning to a joyful day!
3 comments:
Dara,
Praise God everyone is ok!! Dara, so glad you shared openly what has been going on!! This so helps us know more what to pray for. I just lift you up before the throne, as God is molding you so perfectly through all this!!
Love you so much
Also, the love in this picture is just so precious!! How sweet are His little ones!!
We're praying for you, and missing you. Deanna was here for a visit! So good to see her, lookin hot as ever. :)
Love ya -
Lynz
Post a Comment