Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2008



One day we took 2 of the children that live at the mission to see their family. We sat with the family outside their home as the children joined in eating there noon meal. Most meals consist of sudsa which is a maize meal substance that is eaten with a sauce or beans. The Africans love their sudsa. They don't consider it a meal if they don't have it. They can eat enormous portions of it also. I actually am starting to take a liking to it. I can't eat even a fraction of what they can but I am starting to enjoy it more. Laura and I were a bit alarmed one day when we both realized how excited we were that we were going to be having sudsa and goat for lunch!



These are some chilren that gathered near one of the areas were we see patients. Unfortunately the white people often attract quite a crowd. As you can see it's beautiful here!
If you would like to see more pictures and stories Laura has some on her blog: www.lauraeliason.blogspot.com

1 comment:

denise said...

Bless the precious people!!!