Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I love Ghana!

Hi all- just a quick message to touch base. I am in an internet cafe in Ghana and will be starting my trek back to Mozambique tomorrow. I will write a more indepth message when I have time to think, process my time and better articulate my thoughts. Let's just say that I have daily praised God for allowing me to have this time- time to reconnect with friends, students and the village people, time to rest, itch LOTS of bug bites, read and reflect. If nothing else (and there is more but if this were the only thing I get from this time) I have realized what a gift it is that I have been give this opportunity to have relationships with people who live in a rural African village. God has allowed me to see a larger world (outside of the States). I now respect a different culture, a different people group. Not only do I respect them but I care about them, I love them. I have spent time in the last 2 weeks with children and young people that I really want to see be blessed. They are young people with hope, with dreams and a desire to live big, and well. They are children that have touch my heart deeply and that I have to fight off tears when saying goodbye to them. What a blessing and gift this is- to have even more wonderful people in my life. Thank you God!
Gosh, all this and I haven't even mentioned the example, friendship and inspiration of Kirk and Christine! I have a lot to share with you! For now, know I have had a wonderful time, I am doing well and look forward to heading back to Mozambique and "finishing well!"
I just made my return flight arrangements and will be arriving back in Phoenix on February 13, 2009- it really is coming quickly! Blessings and please email me...my inbox has significantly decreased the last couple months. I do apologize that I don't personally email as often as I would like- but I do love hearing from you. Miss you!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

Hi there
I don't know you and you don't know me...but our family is coming out to work with Hands @ Work (first in S.Africa) in Fall 2009.
Love your blog and read it eagerly.
I think your work is incredible and inspiring, thank you for doing what you are doing.
Run the race and fight the fight...we pray for you :)
Blessings
Lesley Wiebe
Dandlwiebe@shaw.ca

Anonymous said...

Hi Dara,

Im excited for you and eagerly await the next update. Praise God for what He has and WILL do in your life simply because he is gracious and you are willing...

Hoping to catch the TV special about H@W

Anonymous said...

Hi Dara,

I am so glad to see you looking so good and healthy. I have been thinking about you a lot.

My prayers are with you. Your mission is great and powerful in the lives of others.

Blessings to you, Candace

denise said...

So glad you had that time Dara!!!!

Praying for you always,

Denise