I realize that after notifying a bunch of North Americans that I had malaria I should probably follow up and let you know that I have recovered very well! The last couple days I feel wonderful. Thank you for your prayers and messages. I think God was gracious to me- I wasn't as sick as most people are when they get malaria. I was blessed to be treated quickly and recovered well.
I also want to thank all of you who have sent me wonderful Christmas packages. I would venture to say that our cute little house is probably one of the best Christmas decorated houses in all of Mozambique. As most of the country doesn't know the holiday is coming- Laura and I have many wonderful reminders. We'll both be experiencing our hottest Christmas ever and we are only dreaming of a white Christmas this year!
Tomorrow Laura and I will be off to the coast one last time! We'll enjoy a couple days of reflection on the beach before picking up a new Hands at Work volunteer who will stay on after we leave. It is truly unbelievable that we'll be leaving this place in 1 month!
As the time quickly winds down please pray for a number of things:
*RAIN! Still not a drop- people are starving to death. Carlos said today, "if this many people are suffering already, just think of Jan...Feb...March!" It truly is terrifying.
*All that needs to be wrapped up before we go...
*My heart as I prepare to leave this place behind and all the amazing relationships that I have developed.
*Good health so I can finish well.
*Whatever it is that God would have for me next...
Thank you...I am off to bed. Will write more soon.
For to us a child is born,
To us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9: 6
Praising the names of the Lord in this Season!
2 comments:
Blessings all around you and Laura as you travel, and then prepare for the new volunteers.
May God cover each of you, and we continue to cry out to God for rain!!!
So glad you are all better!!
Love you Dara,
Denise
Oh good!
Dara, we have been calling back and forth to know that you are safe. Please take care! I will miss you at Christmas.
Blessings abound,
Candace
Post a Comment