Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Child-Like Joy


This morning I woke up and thought it was Christmas day. My nose, the only flesh peaking out from under the down comforter, was frozen. I looked out the window and it was dark and wet. I then slowly realized that I was in England, with Adriel and it is nowhere close to Christmas. I am not sure what I was thinking or hoping for. I don't know what I was dreaming about. Perhaps I was hoping that I was waking to a new Christmas morn where the fresh images in my mind of hungry, sick, poor friends was being washed away by a fresh blanket of fluffy snow.
Again, in my search for reality I had to remind myself that, though far away now, those images are reality. Those that I worked along side and became friends with are still there. That is their reality- they are still fighting, longing to sit where I sit right now.

I must keep praying.

I must obtain that child-like faith that God is working and answering prayers- even when I don't know how things are going.

I felt like a child this morning.

If only my faith was as strong as the excitement I felt this morning when I thought I was at my aunt and uncles house on Christmas morning.

As I keep praying, I will keep moving forward. I will look for that Christmas morning, child-like joy like I felt this morning.

I think I will have another glimpse of it on Friday at about 635pm.

1 comment:

denise said...

Oh, Neddie is the cutest, happiest sweetie!!!
The newness and wonder of all spoke to us through Christmas, in sending us His Son!! It is truly the most special time in our hearts, and God wants you to have that!! I pray through this season of all God is speaking to you in; that it will be white and clear as the beautiful snow itself!!!

Love you so much,

Denise