Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Stars Shine Brighter

The stars shine brighter here in Africa
My wounds are deeper
My questions are harder
My heart lays rawer
My cries are louder
But the stars, they shine brighter here in Africa.

My longings surface faster
My desires intensify
My fears are more numerous
My flesh is weaker
But the stars, they shine brighter here in Africa.

While here in this place of brokenness and pain
I surrender
For God is here, closer
God is calling my name
God is saying, “come, I adore you. All of you—each.” God, He’s among us
He’s on His throne
And He whispers softly, “I’m shining brightly, I made those stars”

Those stars that shine brighter here in Africa.

5 comments:

Bridget said...

That was really beautiful.

denise said...

Is 26:

Pray He is keeping you in perfect peace; even through the tears; as you are fixed on Him alone!!!!
This is truly beautiful Dara; as is your heart!!
May God be so near, and shine through to you, His love and joy!!

I love you,

Denise

Michelle said...

Dara,
That is beautiful.God give you the strength to do His will.

on3design said...

Wow...

Hannah Mary McLean (Muonio) said...

Oh, so true, Dara! I love this! It makes me remember standing outside looking up at the African sky at night and marveling at the beauty of the Creator.