Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

tonight my light melted on my wall

Tonight when I went into our bedroom to get Nede ready for bed, after a bit of tickling and out of control giggling, I smelled something. As if something was burning. I was quickly led to the light that I had clipped to a nail above my bed. During Nede’s nap time today I had tucked the mosquito net on the light to keep it out of our faces. Not such a great idea. This evening Nede had gone into the room and switched on this light to find her pajamas, as she does every night. I still don’t quite get it but, whatever happened it’s not good, the lightbulb obviously was too hot or the electricity was too strong and the plastic of this clip on lamp had melted, a lot. I’m afraid it was only a matter of minutes more before the mozie net would have gone up in flames. I’m told that none of the electricity is “grounded” in this house and, apparently that’s not good, I’m learning that it sure isn’t! None the less we’re praising God tonight that this story didn’t turn out worse. If you’re now wondering how I survive on my own out here-- there’s only one word to explain it. Grace.

1 comment:

denise said...

Thanking God for His grace and protection over you and Nede, and that all was ok!!!

Love you both so much!