Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

christmas cards

In an attempt to show some gratitude and appreciation to many of you who have been so supportive I decided to send a little Christmas greeting this year. I made Nede sit down with me on numerous occasions to do her part in this American tradition. Thankfully I had a friend returning to the UK who was able to bring the completed cards to mail from London. Unfortunately, there were about 15 that I wasn't able to finish before my friend left. 

This week I had another new experience, trying to mail something from the Mozambique postal system. Let's just say it took 2 conversations on 2 different days before I made up mind to give it a go. After I had paid my money (too much) I then found out that they only had 4 international stamps. But, I was reassuring that, "of course when the 'Cheif' (boss) comes he'll bring more stamps and the other 10 letters (that they're securely placing in this folder) will most definitely" be sent on to make the big journey across the pond.

I'm not so sure. 

So...here it is. If you've been one of our faithful supporters I did write a personal message and try to have a variation of this card sent to you:



You never know, you may be in for a treat and get a Christmas card around Easter or 4th of July or, just in time for next Christmas. Or, never.

Either way, know that our thoughts, thanks and love are being sent your way.

1 comment:

hit6bugs said...

Oh so cute!! So sweet!!! Such an awesome card; love it, and love you both so much!!

Christmas blessings,

Denise