Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS


Merry  Christmas one and all!
I've been waiting to send this message because I wanted to have something profound and wonderful to write. But, the truth is that it doesn't feel like Christmas. I've tried baking, I've tried listening to Christmas music for weeks now and even watching movies with snow. It's just not the same. My heart longs to be with family and friends in a cold place (I know there's no snow in MN this year). I don't want to be sweating when I try to sleep on Christmas Eve. I don't want to try to figure out how to make Christmas dinner because there's no gas to be bought in all of Mozambique. 
But, this is where I am and no matter where I am it's the time to celebrate the birth of Jesus. The very reason I'm here. So, I hope between now and Christmas day I can claim that peace in my heart and experience that peace that surpasses all understanding and, celebrate with real joy, even in a difficult time and place. 
Maybe next year we'll be home.
It does bring me much joy knowing how many people are standing with Nede and me here and how much we're loved. We love you, more than I can express from such a distance. xoxo 
VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU, may the joy of the LORD be OURS!


(conserving gas while baking Christmas cookies)



4 comments:

hit6bugs said...

Merry Christmas Dara and Nede!!!!
Love your Christmas tree and the cookies look so good!! Nede is growing up so fast and is so, so beautiful!!
I am praying for you so much to be overwhelmed by God's love and comfort.. sending such good tidings.. so many hugs and so much love to you and Nede!!!!
Blessings all over you,

Denise

Vicki said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both! Thanks always for sharing your updates. :-)

- Vicki from Hands USA

hit6bugs said...

Happiest, most blessed New Year Dara and Nede!!!!!
Love you,

Denise

hit6bugs said...

Happiest, most blessed New Year Dara and Nede!!!!!
Love you,

Denise