Pages

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

we're taking a poll

I was told marriage wasn't going to be easy. And I guess it's not. We're having some disagreements here.
It was all going fine and dandy until Chad has brought to my attention that apparently I sleep in, according to him, an impossible position. Now, unfortunately this isn't the first time that it's been brought to my attention, Deanna, as my college roommate made it clear to me as well. Apparently these 2 are convinced that it's absolutely impossible to sleep, comfortably and restfully, on your back, both knees bent forming a perfect isosceles triangle. Yes, they're supporting each other in the air. And, yes, I sleep soundly in this position. There is no need to announce, when I'm in a dead sleep "You're knees are up again!!!" (Thanks Deanna!) Or to be tempted to push them over, thanks Chad!

Another challenge in our marriage came the other day when Chad mentioned something about a "flock of mongeese." What? "That cannot be right", says Dara. "It most certainly is mongooses." Google agrees. Chad doesn't.

And, this one I have resolved, thank you very much you can see Orion's belt in the southern hemisphere!

So to help smooth over these 2 items of contention please comment  #1: whether it's absolutely humanly impossible to sleep comfortably with your legs in the position of an isosceles triangle (I strongly disagree with this) and #2: Mongeese or mongooses?

We're taking a poll. (And these are our biggest arguments, we're doing okay;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello, as the wife of a former Zoologist, his educated opinion is that it is a 'herd (not a flock) of Mongi'. Also, I was recently telling him about your knee up sleeping position, and we tend to side with Chad in this one. Laura and Roman

E&E said...

I say Mongeese and sleeping with your knees up in the air is weird but okay. :)

Love you guys!

~erinn

Jamison and Kristen Worst said...

I totally sleep the same way! It drives Jamison nuts! He always just pushes my legs down, too. So Dara, I side with you...it is absolutely possible. :) Glad these are your biggest disagreements. You seem to be doing just fine. :)

-Kristen

jamisonw said...

Gahhh, Kristen beat me to it; she does that too, and it drives me crazy. Triangle sleeping is just weird, haha!

Brooke said...

You are weird. You seriously must be getting hardly any sleep at all. I'd push them over every time. According to Wikipedia, "The plural form is mongooses, or, rarely, mongeese." It's on the internet, so it must be right. You're both right! I would highly recommend asking Nede to settle these arguments for you. That would not make it worse at all.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...the little fun things of figuring out the idiosyncrasies of each other. Our family has always been firm believers in "goose=geese" so "moose=meese." Therefore "mongoose=mongeese." It works...however the world thinks about it. I remember Aaron had a billion weird words that he used. Some of them we've kept (stomachs are "booquies" and blankets are "boo boos") and some had to go (It gives life a little spice to disagree about somethings!) As far as the knees...I can see Chad pushing you over and getting a kick out of that...but I'm a proponent of sleep so whatever works for you, I say go for it! =)