Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

you're going to be okay

(I wrote this about a month after our wedding, when I was reflecting in Belize, feeling an amazing sense of relief as I now share parenthood)

Of course I always dreamed of being married.
Yes, it was a desire since I was a little girl.
I worked through giving up this desire when I returned to Moz in 2010.
The desire had never left but the reality of the dream being fulfilled did.
So now, of course I'm ecstatic.
What I didn't know was the hidden blessing that was being fulfilled.
I'm no longer a single mom.
Yes, of course Chad is a magnificent blessing to me personally but to Nede and me collectively?-- PRAISE JESUS!
It's quite something what one can/does do when forced to.
I was a single mom-- a role I never imagined I'd be in and never want to be again.
My heart aches for single moms-- now more than ever.
It's SO hard.
It's the hardest and scariest, most important job anyone has.
As I look back, we made it, only by clinging to Jesus.
There were days when I would cry and my own Nede would hold my face and say, "It's okay Mom, we're going to be okay."
And we are.
I don't know the journey of all single moms' but I know "you're going to be okay".
We're with you and if I could (or can) hold your face and say "You're going to be okay", I would.
And, until then, I hope you're little one is.
YOU'RE GOING TO BE OKAY!
Cling to Jesus!!!!

(If I can be of support or encouragement to any single mom, there's nothing I would like more than to walk with you-- please email me.)

No comments: