Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

please go buy him some fish

There's been a handful of times, things I've experienced here, where I can honestly say, "that is a miracle."
Nothing more, nothing less-- an act of God that could not be explained by any human efforts. No medicine in any social-economic class could heal so quickly, no best surgeon could restore to "normal", no amount of money could buy wellness and no genius intelligence could dream up a solution. God did a miracle.
Remember the little guy that I wrote about a few weeks back? Weak as a newborn, small as a toddler? Almost the same age as my boisterous Nede.
We sent him to the hospital; he and his aged granny. All we could do was hope he got care that was adequate-- to give this little fighter another chance.
Much to my surprise, a week later we went to the hospital to visit him, he had been transferred to Beira, to the larger, more equipped hospital 4 hours away!
Right then we started praising the Lord because this boy had been forgotten. This boy, previously I felt, had been forgotten and left to his own devices (which was nothing.). And this granny, knowing nothing but war and hardwork, to you and me=suffering. She had nothing to bribe with, nothing to give but somehow it worked this time-- they received CARE! The system was helping.
Fast forward about 4 weeks more and our little friend was back on the veranda of our clinic. WALKING! Granny smiling P-R-O-U-D!!!! He gained 3kg while he'd been away. His swollen, inflamed jaw/cheek/whatever that was, approaching normal. SMILING!
Despite his grim diagnoses he's on the proper medication. He's getting the treatment that his body desperately needed. He is no longer forgotten. He is helped and THAT is a MIRACLE.
Before he left I slipped Granny some money, "please go buy him some fish" I smiled.

1 comment:

yes said...

Such a praise Dara!! This is just such a blessing to hear!! Praying so much for you, Chad and Nede!!

Blessings and so much love!