This is a tribute I wrote many months ago but never posted. It was one of the hardest lives and deaths I dealt with in my hospice years of nursing...
Dear Mano,
After visiting you for nearly 2 years, walking through the thick and thin, of course we ache after your death. More than anything we hope that when we were "hard" on you, when we were frustrated with your decisions, when I yelled at you in anger, I pray you knew it was out of love. Tough love hurts. And, when we saw you making decisions that hurt others, it hurt us. And after your death, we saw the aches and our hearts ached. We loved you despite, because, who are we to judge your brokenness?What you needed most was love. I hope you felt loved, to the end. To the last breath. And, in those moments, I pray that you knew His love, his forgiving love of reconciliation and new life. Yes, this is what I pray. You left behind beautiful children and we'll always stand to testify that you loved them. That, we know for sure. Tough love hurts but it was out of love. I promise.
Forever loved,
your team
No comments:
Post a Comment