Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

3 things to share

#1: Abundant GRACE

Someone asked me the other day how I am doing. I honestly responded with, “Actually, I think God is being really good to me. I am doing pretty well, far better than I would expect.” Jacqui gently responded, “I think that’s what we call grace.”

I have been thinking about this since she said that. I started asking myself—what is grace? In my situation right now, what is grace? My definition is this: Unexplained okayness in difficult times. I realize okayness is not a word but it fits. Not knowing if I really am understanding grace here and now, I looked to my Bibles definition which states: God’s Free and unmerited favor toward sinful humanity.

Yes! That’s it. Completely undeserved okayness in a difficult time and place! God is SHOWERING me with GRACE! This is God at work in my life. I am experiencing undeserved okayness.

#2: Baby Dara

I had forgotten that just prior to my departure from Moz last time that one of the volunteers that I worked with (Mesa) had had a baby and they named it Dara! I saw Mesa for the first time today and the first thing he told me is that his “Dara” is now crawling all around! Oh!!!! I am humbled. I think this could be called grace too! Watch soon for a picture of Dara and Dara. I look forward to meeting this little one!

#3: Stars that Shine Brighter

It seems, hmm, what would I say? Ironic? Not really—Divine. I am currently reading a book called “God on Mute: Engaging the Silence of Unanswered Prayer”. It has touch many places in my heart as I do feel I am in a silent place in regards to a few areas of my life. Anyway, the quote that I want to share with you (written by Pete Greig):

I don’t know why your prayers haven’t been answered. But I do know that the very best thing about our lives—the most incredible thing we’ve got going for us—is that the Creator of a million stars is entirely and eternally good, that He is utterly caught up in the details of our situation, and that He cares for us more the we care for ourselves.

I love that. The Creator of these “stars that shine brighter” cares for me. He cares for you! And He’s gracious—so, so, so GOOD!

More soon! I hope you’re well and experiencing His GRACE too! XOXO

6 comments:

denise said...

Your sharing always blesses me at the perfect time Dara!!! Yes, how alone we can feel, when we feel like God has forgotten us!! He never does though! I have been reading the Psalms so much in these days, and love Ps. 16:8 I KNOW the LORD is ALWAYS with ME, I will NOT be shaken, for HE is RIGHT BESIDE ME!!!!!
I will have to get that book. It sounds so great!!
How awesome that there is another little, sweet Dara in this world!! May she be such a blessing like the girl she is named after; IS!!!!!
Sending so much love, and continued prayers for you to just grow in "okayness". That is the perfect word for you right now!!

Love YOU,

Denise

H said...

so good to hear that you're doing well :) praying for you, dara!

Cyaeg said...

Just what my soul needed to hear. I stumbled onto your blog through Hannah M., and am glad to have peeked into the journey God has you on! Thank you sister :) Christine

on3design said...

I can't wait to see Dara and Dara.
Beautiful post DJ.
Lynz

Canda Lily said...

Love you!

Daniel Paszak said...

:)

Here, here.