I took this video of Nede tonight. She just loves singing life and making it up as she goes.
Later, when I put her to bed, we read from her Children's Message Bible "about when Jesus got angry". (Matthew 21:12-14). We spent some time talking about what makes us angry.
Then we kept reading.
The "loan sharks" and "dove merchants" were upset that after Jesus tipped over their tables in the temple the children carried on chanting and shouting, "Hosanna to David's Son!" The people who were jealous of the praise Jesus was receiving were now angry and looking for a reason to "accuse" Jesus. "Do you hear what these children are saying?"
I believe Jesus calmly responded with, "Yes, I hear them. And haven't you read in God's Word, 'From the mouths of children and babies I'll furnish a place of praise'?"
"From the mouths of children and babies..."
"From the mouths of CHILDREN and BABIES..."
I'm again reminded of how often Jesus emphasized the importance of children.
"...of children and babies..."
As I re-watch and reflect on Nede's song tonight (translation provided below;) I can't help but think about how serious Jesus was (is) about children. "From the mouths of children and babies I'll furnish a place of praise." I'm no Bible scholar, I don't know if I 100% get what he's saying here but...I think it sounds amazing. And what I remain SURE of is that God USES CHILDREN and Jesus ADORED them. And, if I'm to call myself a Jesus follower I NEED TO AS WELL. It's not suggested. It's not recommend. It IS!
I've recently been following some other blogs of single women who've adopted. I've been highly blessed and encouraged by this. I'm also blessed to have many friends here who've also done and are doing crazy things for kids-- taken them into their homes in what the world would say are under CRAZY circumstances. There are many people doing CRAZY things for kids (projecthopeful.org is just one example I admire). Tonight I'm left here thinking about what more we're called to do. Maybe these "crazy" people aren't actually crazy at all. Maybe this is what should be "normal" if we are a Jesus follower.
Because...
'From the mouths of children and babies I'll furnish a place of praise'. Matthew 21:16
[Jesus the little children they're singing
To Jesus
Jesus doesn't miss anything
If you see Jesus, run and give Jesus hug
(awkward pause)
Jesus, the little children they're singing
To Jesus
And Jesus doesn't miss anything
If you see Jesus, run and give Jesus hug
Jesus loves the little children
If you see Jesus you can and give Jesus big hug
This is a song for Jesus.
That's the end of the song.]
1 comment:
Such a blessing Nede!!!!!
This is such a Truth that needs to transform us!! I believe too; this is so loud and clear from God, and yet another way... we are fools for not embracing this!! Thanking God for you, Dara, to always bring us so back to God's life-changing Word!!!
Blessings over you,
Denise
Post a Comment