Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

i'm staying awake

Last week, in Boise, sitting with my long time BFF, at midnight she said, "When did you get so much energy?"
I responded, "Does it make you worried about me that I'm not falling asleep and I'm the one saying, 'One more game!'"
"No, it makes me worried about myself that I can't keep up with Dara Hillstrom!"
Ha! Deanna, a ten year night-shifter, I've alway, always fallen asleep in every movie started after 3pm. I've always been the one yawning and thinking about bed starting at about 7pm. But not now, not since being a mom (after 8pm is the only time I have to myself, all you parents know this!) and especially not since our arrival in the US. I am still so loving being here, I'm so grateful, I'm so soaking in every minute. Even many, many minutes into the wee hours of the morning. It's true I probably can't keep walking on this cloud 9 for too long but for now I just feel like I'm walking hand in hand in the goodness of the Lord and I'm soaking in this season. Loving it! Every. Single. Day. I'm rejoicing in all we've come through and all the greatness we're experiencing here. Mostly the people we're spending time with. It is so, so good-- great enough to stay up for! Thank you friends. Thank you Jesus.

1 comment:

yes said...

Never have seen you happier Dara!!

Thanking God for His awesome blessings over you and Nede and sending so much love!! Can't wait to see you in a couple days,

Denise