Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Final Preparations...

Friday was my last day of work. Now I can have some time to focus on the final details of this adventure. I am convinced I have have the best job, maybe in the world, and work with the most amazing group of people. They had all planned a suprise Farewell gathering for me. I felt so blessed- flowers, food, cards, money, hugs! Perfection! It was so encouraging that everyone came together to show their support for what God is doing! Thank you all! One of the ladies even wrote the cutest song for me! It was precious- a wonderful way to close a chapter of my life (temporarily) and begin a new adventure.
I am really looking forward to this week. To have some time to pack and finalize all the details but also to just relax, I hope, and spend sometime with my family and friends.
If I may ask you to pray for me. I have had glimpses of the enemies attack in my thoughts. I don't want Satan to steal any of my joy or the assurance of what God has called me to do. Pray that I have the strength to continue what God has started. I came across this verse the other day. I am going to claim this as my statement over the next 3 months:

"Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust in him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Psalm 28:6-7

3 comments:

singandrejoice said...

What an awesome verse! We will be praying for you. The kids and I are a little jealous - what an adventure this is going to be! We can't wait to hear how God uses you. We've been reading missionary stories - they are so exciting! But now we personally know a missionary overseas! Keep us posted and we'll keep you in our prayers.

Love and Blessings,
Lisa Langaker

Adriel and Joel said...

oh my goodness, i am so excited for you and TO SEE YOU.. just a few more days
and also i will be praying for you and the attack that is happening. Satan knwos that you are going to do so much for God's kingdom!! But the greatest thing is that we do not have to fear anything because God is will us!!

Adriel and Joel said...

with us.. i meant with us