I can't believe it! I leave on Tues. My family is all here, my bags are packed for the most part and I will soon breath a sigh of relief as I sit on the plane and leave the Western world behind (for a while). I continue to be amazed at the overwhelming emotions that I have been feeling. Please pray for peace these last couple days and pray for rest and that I stay healthy.
He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken! Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:2, 5, 7-8
A great reminder for me!
3 comments:
Hi Dara,
I am so excited for you and for the great things God has in store! I always knew you were special, and that is because you are really following God. You don't just say it or go to church, you live it! Dara, what an example of a life lived for Christ you are, and I just pray He uses you not only to bless and witness to so many on the ship, but here also. We just saw the movie Amazing Grace. How awesome a movie, and the power of a life lived trusting in God, and making a difference to help others!! Anyway, Dara- you are blessing me here by your incredible faithfulness and selflessness. I will keep you in prayer and am so excited to be able to be hearing from you on your step of faith. I know your sweet sweet spirit and smile will bring Christ's love to many.
Praying for peace for you as you get ready to go,
Denise
The people of Luther Place Memorial Church in Washington, DC are praying for your ministry and your safe travel.
The Spirit is moving, moving indeed.
Blessings to you,
Candace
Hi Dara,
I'm praying for God's peace and strength all around you. I got this little saying on an extreme faith e-mail today, and thought of you as you go and bless many. It says:
Lord, may some weary souls find rest
Because your people take them in
And may they see your great love
Can free them from their guilt and sin
May that be a blessing as you go and help some weary and hurt souls that need to see the love of Christ in action.
God's covering over you and love, wherever you are at today,
Denise
Post a Comment