Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

3 Happy Girls!

This week promises to be a much better week than last. Today was the first day I felt like getting out of bed after my recent bout of tonsillitis (or as known here by some, tansilators). I was determined this morning that I was going to go out to the community again, regain my vision of why I am here and have a better week!
We did home care this morning, I had a good day but the highlight was definitely this evening. Our friend Jenny was over and as we were preparing dinner Carlos and his family showed up. He doesn’t usually come by in the evening so we weren’t quite sure what was going on. As he approached our house I noticed he was carrying packages. Not one! Not two! Not even three! 5 packages! That, by far, beats my previous record of mail received while in Africa! 5 packages in 1 day! Thank you for your love and thinking about US! After Jenny, Laura and I finished dinner we made ourselves a cup of tea, got comfortable on the floor and took turns opening the packages one at a time! The contents will be enjoyed by many over the next weeks and months! Thank you!
And now, to finish off our evening Laura and I just had an active cockroach hunt in my bedroom! Phew, we cornered the lil’ bugger, got him outside and smacked him with my flip flop! I am tired; I think I’ll call it a night!
Thanks for making it a great day!

1 comment:

denise said...

Hi Dara,

So glad you are feeling better!!
What a great surprise with all the packages!!

God is so awesome!!!

He always knows what you need, and sends some encouragement just at the right time!!!!

Keeping you in prayer, with love,

Denise