“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.” Matthew 25:34-36
I have had many messages from people asking what can be done to help these dear orphans that I see on a daily basis. I have been really bothered by what these children have to clothe themselves in- often nothing but rags held together by a few threads.
After much discussion with Carlos, the leader of Rubatano Home-Based Care, we have come up with a dream. If we can manage to get enough money we have access to buy “bales” of used clothing. If we could buy 2 “bales” of clothing, the 633 orphans that Rubatano serves could each get 3 new outfits. So, I come to you to ask for your help. Here is what we need.
1 large bale of clothes = 18,000(meticais) equivalent to $750 USD
Transport to obtain the bales= 1,500 (meticais) equivalent to $63 USD
Total for 2 bales and transport is= 37,500 MT equivalent to $1,562.50 USD
In order to make sure that the money goes directly to the orphans we have decided the best way to make this happen is for me to have access to the money. This way we can go purchase the bales and we know that the money will just be used for this. I can also take pictures and share them with all of you so you’ll see the impact that this will make!
If this is something you would like to help with you can send money through my church in AZ (tax deductible). Please mail checks to: Highlands Church, 9050 E Pinnacle Peak Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85255. Make sure you make the check to Highlands Church and write Hands at Work on the memo line. If you're in MN and just want to get money to my mom that is also an other option, she can deposit it for me.
This way 100% of the money comes right to me and I will go with Carlos to purchase the clothing! (Could you also send me an email so I know what money is coming in specifically for clothes for the orphans? darajean15@hotmail.com)
Laura and I are really excited to see this happen. We have given a few articles of clothing to some children and when we have they always walk away with a new glow. I can only imagine how happy they will be when they get a new wardrobe! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Bless you!
1 comment:
What an awesome way to leave the children feeling new and loved!! Thank you for sharing this idea with us; so that we can also help in some way!!!
Praying for this to be used greatly for God's Kingdom!!!
Post a Comment