This is just a quick note to touch base since it has been awhile. It's a busy but exciting week here. One of our friends from Hands at Work in SA is here with us now (which is great) and we'll pick up 7 more people at the airport tomorrow. There's a Pastor and film crew coming to Mozambique to do some filming of the work that is happening here with the home-care I am working with. They will go back to Canada and make an hour television program to raise awareness, prayer and financial support for Hands at Work and Rubatano in Mozambique. I will be sure to get the information out as to when this will air so you can see where I am and who I work with. It is all very excited.
Leading up to this there has been a lot of planning. As we know, plans are often changing- especially here in Africa. The best bit of advice I received before coming here is this..."You need to be flexible. If you don't bend, you'll break!" We are finding that to be VERY true."
There were 3 major things that we needed to plan before the arrival of our guests. #1: Hotel accommodations, #2: Rental cars, #3: Translators. Well, this is how week started. Last night we found out the hotel gave away our reservations as there was a big group that came and booked all the rooms (after WE had to write a letter requesting reservations and WE had to give the hotel written notice that we wanted to rent rooms. Weird). Then, we found out one of the translators got called to go do some translating in the capital city so she's unavailable. Lastly, one of the rental cars (which we were getting from the hotel) doesn't have insurance on it. Thankfully, God sorted all these issues out and they do have a place to stay (which may be better than the original place), we do have enough vehicles and Carlos did find another translator. So, as of right now, Tuesday evening, we think things are under control. Who knows what tomorrow will bring! Along with everything else I am learning I am also learning to not stress out and to trust that most anything can be worked out. There promises to be many more stories like this...please pray for things to continue to come together and to be a success. More later...
3 comments:
It is so great that you are trying to stay free from stress, and just trust God when things don't work out as planned!!! God will make a way, and I pray His way will be so right and good for everyone that comes to visit!!!!
Thanks for sharing your stories, Dara. It is encouraging to see how God is at work in all the details.
I'm looking forward to our church's trip to Rubatano in September! And in meeting you, Laura, Carlos, and the other volunteers!
-Linda (From Wellspring Church)
www.wellspringsg.org
Hi Dara -
Like Linda, I'll look forward to reading your blog and then, God willing, meeting you in September.
-tim
Wellspring Church, California
Post a Comment