I've been looking for this opportunity for several days now. I have nothing greatly adventurous or profound to write. I'm at the computer, as usual, while Nede's finally fast asleep. The electricity just returned after a few hour outage. I'm sipping my tea and ready to crash into bed.
The last post I sort of slipped back into my "this is really hard here, why don't we care more" mode and now I'm trying to get back to the "praising Him in everything mode".
All I have to share today is a sweet moment I had. As usual on Monday evenings Rebecca and I had our prayer time. Nede wanted to join tonight. After talking to her that this is our special time of prayer, our time with God, she can't wiggle, giggle or make ANY noise, she agreed to sit quietly on my lap on my bed. As many know, Nede's got A LOT of energy. Her only "sometimes" on her last school report card was in regards to the category that said, "Can concentrate on one thing for 15 minutes...." Sometimes.
So to get the chance to convince her that she needs to just snuggle with me and sit and pray with me was a gift in itself. She did wiggle a bit as she tried to tie my Piggy Piggy up in knots (oops, I shared it, I made him public!:) With a gentle touch of my hands she settled and sat. Sat listening to the prayers of her Yaya (sister in Shona) and the long winded prayers of her mom. We then concluded with our Amen's and I asked, "Nede, do you want to pray?"
YES!
I was then not just thankful for the time of snuggling but also for the prayers of this child.
"Lord please touch Yaya so that she feels better. Be with Mommy. Thank you for everyone that we know. Be with everyone. Be with everyone we don't know too..." and it goes on in child-like-faith and I learn. And I love. And I praise HIM in...
Thankfulness
XOXO
2 comments:
How sweet Dara, and how amazingly awesome; to be making such a difference in Nede's life~showing her Jesus and now she is praising Him too!!!
What a blessing, and how this makes me smile!!
Love you both so much!!
Dara,
I thank you for all your posts. I read your blog every week, and I pray I love to get updates on you and Nede, and I love praying for you!
I thank you not only for your posts of praise, such as your latest one, but also for your honesty in your struggles. We all go through difficulties, and I think it is good to see that we can still love and praise God during the hard times, as we know as Christians that our lives are not easy, and that the more we live our lives for HIM, the more we have PURE JOY,but also we have more hardships, struggles, and suffering. God uses those things so we have more dependence on Him, and so we see our need for the saving grace of JESUS! :)
Don't ever feel bad for being honest about your feelings of sadness or injustice over the suffering in the world...it breaks God's heart,and He has called us to allow these things to break our hearts as well!! We are called to stand up for those who are suffering, for the widow, and for the orphan(James 1:27), and so it should indeed break our hearts to see the suffering of God's people! It is part of God's plan for His people to step forward and to minister to the suffering, to take care of those who are hurting, and to share the Gospel with those who don't know Jesus...you are doing exactly what you are supposed to be doing...you are answering the call that Jesus placed on us as believers! THANK YOU for giving of your own life, so that you can touch the lives of others:)
Dara, you are special, and you are a blessing not only to the beautiful people you are ministering to in Moz, to Nede, but also to all of the people who are moved into prayer and action via your blog all around the world! You are making a difference in the Kingdom, and lives are being transformed for Jesus through the work that you are doing!!! God bless you, and I am praying for you and Nede:)
In Christ's precious name,
Kristy Kes
Post a Comment